Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Devotion of The day: Water Works

John 4:14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

Several years ago I became sick, and as a result I also became severely dehydrated. I was passing out, and I could hardly remember my name, so my family took me to the ER. After about five hours,and two bags of fluids, I felt as thought I had never been sick. Strange how much we need water, right? In my case water changed my attitude, and my actions. I became a different person than I had previously been.

God tells us that all we need to never thirst again is water. Sound simple, doesn't it? It is! God  wants to give us an abundant life, so much so that He gave Christ as the perfect sacrifice so that we can fellowship with Him. Unfortunately, all too often we never use the fellowship that He gives us. We get caught up in life and forget to cultivate a relationship with the Giver of Life.

God desires your heart, He desires time with you. Do you notice how in John 4:14 it says "  but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life." God changes you from the inside out. He starts with the issues inside of your heart(pain, bitterness,  desperation...) and He begins to change your attitudes. God wants to do this in your life! He wants to make your behavior more like Christ! Believe that God, and only God, can create a clean and holy heart inside of you.

Respond:Why do you not let God take control of what He has already given you? What do you hope to accomplish when you don't let Him change your heart? How has God revealed Himself to you when you do let Him work in you from the inside out?

Reflect: John 7:38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water."

Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."

No comments:

Post a Comment