Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Devotion Of The Day: Make Time

Psalm 86:11 "Teach me Your way, O Lord;I will walk in Your truth;Unite my heart to fear Your name."

Do you ever just feel like you don't have time to stop and breathe? I know I do! Being in college full time I often feel like I don't have the time for God. Isn't that an awful thing to say? " I don't have time for God." For me this thought often comes from the fact that I can't see God, but I can see the mounds of schoolwork in front of me. Whenever I do stop to spend time with Him though, I notice something. I have time for everything else that surrounds me, and not just that but the stuff that I " have " to get done doesn't seem as important. 

I open my Bible and take in what He's trying to teach me. When I do this God takes away the lies that the world tries to hound me with. God's voice becomes evident, and my anxieties pass away. My time with Him gives me the perspective that I need throughout the day. He provides me what I need to handle the day that lies before Him, by living through His life. 

Respond: Take time today to focus on what God wants to show you. Do you feel afterwords that you are empowered to do what lies before you? Do your other " responsibilities" become easier? Are you much more open to what God wants to do through you?

Reflect: Mark 1:35 "In the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and was praying there."


No comments:

Post a Comment