Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Devotion of The Day: Battles

2 Timothy 1:7- For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

God has given us the power to fight battles. But how often do you find that your fighting a battle against God? Weather it's not wanting to follow His will by thinking that you know better, or being scared that He will lead you in a way that you don't wish to go, we often fight against God. We miss out on the bigger picture when we focus in on what we might lose or how we might be effected by God's will. 

Too frequently I fight against God because I don't want to do what He is calling me to. But whenever I submit to God, the closeness that I feel from my submission suddenly outweighs the battle I fought trying distance myself from Him. Suddenly I understand more clearly why He wanted me to follow His plan in the first place.

Respond: Think of ways that God has used you when you fought with Him instead of against Him. How did you feel once you gave into Him through submission? Did you feel like you no longer had to fight? Were you glad that you allowed God to work through you?

Reflect: Philippians 2:4, “Don’t be concerned only about your own interests, but also be concerned about the interests of others.”


No comments:

Post a Comment