Thursday, December 12, 2013

Castles and Such

One of all time favorite Bible verses is Psalm 62:6 which says " He alone is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken." He ALONE- this is important. It's not God + something, But God + Nothing= Everything! He alone is my rock and my salvation. Rock in Hebrew means " Sold Ground." And Salvation in the Hebrew is "Yeshuw'ah"   which means deliverance.  So if God is our solid ground and our deliverance, what do we have to fear?  He alone is my solid ground and my deliverance, my stronghold; I will not be shaken. Stronghold means Castle, and typically people have the wrong view of castles. Normally when someone says something about a castle an image is drawn to mind of an extravagant mansion. In reality most ( but not all  ) castles were dimly lit, and plainly decorated. They had one purpose: to protect what was on the inside. So if you truly place your faith in Him alone, as your solid ground and deliverance, He will be your fortification. He will also do all the work, just like the castle.

Psalm 62:6 " He alone is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I will not be shaken"


                                                               ~Leeandra


No comments:

Post a Comment