Saturday, December 14, 2013

Devotion Of the Day: Moments

Psalm 118:24- This is the day which the Lord has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Do you ever find yourself wishing that the next big day on the calender would come? I know that I do! When I look past the day that is before me with excitement for the days far ahead , I miss what God wants to do in the present time!Too many times I spend my time idly waiting for a special day that is coming. When that day comes and goes I'm left wishing that I had enjoyed the days in between. Because of this I don't stop and look around to see how God can use me in the present day.

 I'm a very driven person, when I have my sights set on a purpose I will do everything in my power to get there. All too often God has to remind me that being personally purpose driven is not His goal- it's mine. My goal should be driven by God's purpose for my life, and to submit to His will every single day. In doing this, the stress is off of my shoulders to make something happen, it then falls in God's hands to show me what my day will be.

Respond: How can you not impose your plan on God's? Why is it difficult to let go of your control? How could God reshape your day if you would allow Him to?

Reflect: Psalm 90:12, " Teach us to number out days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom"

No comments:

Post a Comment