Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Devotion Of The Day: Don't Give In

Do you ever feel like giving up? To be honest I feel like giving up today! Every person struggles with something different, weather it's a heartbreak, a job, a heartache, or school, at times all of us feel like giving up. But God has not given us a spirit of fear ( 2 Timothy 1:7 )! He wants to be the one who rises you above your circumstances so that you can fully glorify Him! If you feel like breaking- spend time with Him. If your hurting- tell Him. God is very interested in every part of your life, and He wants you to give yourself to Him! Reflect on the following verses:

Reflect: Psalm 28: 7- The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. 

Proverbs 18:10-The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe. 

John 16:33- These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”

Psalm 46:1-God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.

Romans 8:31- If God is for us, who can ever be against us?

Psalm 27:1 -The Lord is my light and my salvation;Whom shall I fear?The Lord is the defense of 
my life;Whom shall I dread?

Corinthians- 13:12 or now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known

Hebrews 13"8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Psalm 55:22-Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you;He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.

James 1:2-4- Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Respond :Before you decide that you can't handle what is around you, remember that God is the one doing to work through you ( Galatians 2:20. ) How would your circumstances look if you let God handle them instead of yourself?  Would you be more stressed or less stressed if you let go of what you can't even control?

No comments:

Post a Comment